Please read this information carefully (and after you have read about the Adventure) and consider the following points before signing up for this adventure:
- Consider your fitness and the training you will do before signing up.
- Consider that the adventure is going to be not only physical but mentally demanding.
- You will be camping so comfort levels need to be considered.
The route, distances and other details have been scouted but are not set and definite. They can change on short notice. All participants must acknowledge that the route could change but this will be communicated to the riders beforehand. We have done our best to keep the route off main roads. It is by no means immune to traffic, deviations, and other dangers. Participants need to be flexible and dynamic. There will days that do not go to plan or as smoothly as expected. Do not let the days frustration or unexpected difficulties and challenges get the better of you.
The adventure is in remote areas far from any reliable medical heath care. Our staff and guides are Advance Wilderness First Aid trained. We have appropriate medical and emergency procedures in place. The support vehicles carry comprehensive first aid kits. We have air evacuation procedures in place for the majority of the trip but this could take time to initiate.
Expect the unexpected, like this:
- It is an adventure/expedition at the end of the day
- Cheered by locals one day only to have stones thrown at you the next
- Getting lost and having to cycle extra distance
- Been over taken and pushed off the road by reckless local driver (cars and motorbikes)
- Slow to standstill traffic in towns
- Vehicle support breaks down or gets stuck forcing you to wait several hours for it
- No hot water at the camps
- Rooms are fully booked so no up grade possible
- Bush toilets and no showers in wild camps
- Africa being Africa (that’s why we love it)